Thursday, June 12, 2014

67 Days.

I have 67 days until the first day of school. Somehow the first day of school is much scarier when you're the teacher instead of a student! The thing is, I'm so excited about teaching that the planning doesn't feel like work. I'm sure there will come times when that will change, but right now I'm living in the moment. I feel so blessed that I have been given the opportunity to teach the second grade! As I've started planning, I'm already falling in love with the second grade curriculum. There next few weeks are going to be crazy with planning, but it'll be worth it in the end!

One of my favorite aspects of any classroom is the word wall. I love seeing new and unique ways to update the traditional word wall. My first project of the summer is creating my own word wall! So far I have created a chalkboard alphabet and my matching math vocabulary words. I have linked both of those below! If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know! I love having input on my designs! :)

I'll keep you all updated on the progress throughout the summer! Between planning, moving and a few little vacations, this summer is going to be crazy! Then again, what's life without a little bit of craziness?   I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! :)

Click here for the word wall alphabet!                  

1 comment:

  1. I was searching Sadlier Math on TPT and found your blog. I love your blog design! Also, congratulations on attaining your second grade position! You will love second graders!

    ReplyDelete